The summer month of July come with a bunch of music legends for every taste (rock, metal, pop, and even Brasilian sounds). Have a look and enjoy the summer in the city!
- Monday 1st: ZZ Top (Olympiahalle). The beards are trendy again and ZZ Top come to Munich to demonstrate it with an extense discography and loads of rock’n’roll.
- King Buffalo (Feierwerk / Kranhalle). Vibrant psychedelic and stoner rock sounds.
- Thursday 4th: Le Butcherettes & INVSN (Feierwerk). Coming from Mexico, Le Butcherettes are a powerful band that understands perfectly what means to be a rock star on the stage. The post-punk band INVSN will be also there to offer the perfect night out.
- Thursday 4th: Pantha Du Prince – Conference of Trees (Münchner Kammerspiele). The new work of the musician project Pantha Du Prince explores the communication of trees in a show that for sure will leave us speechless.
- Friday 5th: Bon Jovi (Olympiastadion). Let’s admit it, you probably sang Livin’ on a Prayer like crazy when you were a kid (if you are in your 30s), so why not repeat it now?
- Friday 5th: Elton John (Olympiahalle). Sir Elton John is a classic and his concert is something you probably can enjoy with your mother, your grandmother, or even your father.
- Saturday 6th: Neil Young and the Promise of the Real (Olympiahalle). Neil Young is a king of rock. Songs like Into the Black, Heart of Gold or Like a Hurricane form part of the rock’n’roll history.
- Saturday 6th: Oper für Alle (Max-Joseph-Platz). Opera for everybody and open air on 6th and 20th of July with free entry.
- Saturday 6th: Electric Moon (Import Export). Improvised psychedelic rock for a new edition of the famous porn funk parties.
- Sunday 7th Mark Knopfler (Olympiahalle). The singer of Dire Straits come to Munich again to present his last work “Down the Road Wherever”.
- Wednesday 10th: Napalm Death (Halle, Backstage) The famous metal band will offer a thunderous concert.
- Monday 15th: Supertramp’s Roger Hodgson (Philharmonie at Gasteig). Another living legend is visiting Munich this month.
- Monday 15th: Cat Power (Backstage). She was praised by the critics with the album The Greatest and she has demonstrated over the years that his incredible voice and her talent can make some of the most heartbreaking songs.
- Saturday 20th: Chick Corea (Philharmonie at Gasteig) The iconic pianist will offer for sure a unique concert.
- Saturday 20th: Sommer Nachts Traum (Olympiapark). Roisin Murphy, Polyester, Kim Wilde and more artists to dance like if you were in a dream. And the best of all is that we are raffling tickets.
- Saturday 20th: The Beach Boys (Circus Krone) Is there something more summery than The Beach Boys? I don’t think so.
- Sunday 21st: Marky Ramones Blitzkrieg and Marky Ramone (Backstage). Within the framework of the Free and Easy Festival, a free festival during the summer on Backstage, Marky Ramone will relive the legend of Ramones.
- Sunday 21st: Sacri Monti (Import Export). Progressive krautrock and psychedelia.
- Monday 22nd: Gilberto Gil (Festsaal Bayerischer Hof). Classical Brasilian sounds and joie de vivre for all ages.
*Header image: The Beach Boys