Art should be accessible for everybody, so if you want to visit some of the museums of Munich for free or just for one euro, you only need to know when to go there and let yourself be inspired by amazing works of art.
- Haus der Kunst. Every first Thursday of the month this Brutalism building offers free entry for all its contemporary art exhibitions from 6 to 10 pm. After enjoying some art you can enjoy a glass of wine or a superb cocktail at its awesome Goldene bar.
- Museum Villa Stuck. Every first Friday of the month you can visit this museum for free from 6 to 10 pm. Only visiting the building and the historical room is worth it if you like architecture from the XIX century.
- NS-Dokumentationszentrum München. This huge museum has free entry until April 2020. So take advantage of this and dig deep into the history of Munich and Germany.
- Pinakotheken. Every Sunday entry for just 1 €. If you like more the classics, or if your thing is contemporary art, photography or design, you have great options for every taste at the Pinakotheken (Alte Pinakothek, Neue Pinakothek, Pinakothek der Moderne).
- Museum Brandhorst. Every Sunday entry for just 1 €. This colorful museum offers contemporary art and a nice collection of pop-art.
- Antikensammlungen und Glyptothek. Every Sunday entry for just 1 €. Located at Königsplatz you have some museums full of statues and art from ancient Greek and Rome. However, the Glyptothek is closed due to some renovation works and won’t be reopened until the autumn of 2020.
Header picture: Painting by Franz Von Lenbach, part of the Pinakotheken collection ( Sammlung Schack Saal 12).