Before heading to our hometown for Christmas, we want to share some events that are going on in the city these days. See you in January!
- Support Your Local Artist #1. From 7 to 10 pm at Lothringer 13Halle. Free entry. The gallery Lothringer 13Halle invites various artists to share their works in form of performances, object, short presentations, poems, films, pictures, ideas, pastries, music, dance or anything that the artist imagined. A meeting point to be inspired.
- TAM TAM pres.: Okin Cznupolowsky-Weihnachts-Special at M Gallery. 8 bits visuals and the possible soundtrack of a videogame are the ingredients of this concert.
- Queer Mixtape Kurzfilmabend. From 8 pm to 10 pm at City Kinos. International inspiring and provocative queer short films in original version with subtitles.
Factory Night 2019 zu Mittwinter. From 10 pm to 5 am at Import Export. 7 € Be ready for a night full of Manchester sounds, post-punk, tweepop and shoegaze with DJ Marc Zimmermann at the decks and Lunastrom taking care of the lights.
- Wuss 3000 / Fictions of Beginnings. From 9 pm to 3 am at Münchner Kammerspiele. FICTIONS OF BEGINNINGS imagine communities between diversion and disruption. For this edition of WUSS 3000, the Kammerqueers invite queer artists of the Afro-Diaspora from Brasil to Uganda, from South Africa to Germany and the USA.
- Szene Check. From 6 pm at Feierwerk. 7 €. Discover your next favourite local band at this festival of emerging artists.
NEW YEAR’S EVE:
We are not particularly fans of going out this day but there are always good choices to spent the last night of the year dancing. We have selected some of the parties that will take place in the city during the most festive day of the year:
- Side Street Soul Silvester w/ Feelgood Selection at Milla Club. 8 €. Vinyl records and funky, soul and hip hop tunes.
- Happy NYE at Charlie. As usual, good groovy tunes and Vietnamese food. If you decide to have dinner there before partying, they offer a menu for 74 €.
- New Year’s Eve at KUNST BLOCK BALVE. Early bird tickets: 16 €. Techno music and art in a big warehouse.
- Silvester 2020 at Goldener Reiter. Free entry. André Dancekowski, one of its resident DJ offers always a good mix of pop from the 90s or 80s, house, and wahtevever danceable music.
*Header image: Wuss 3000 at Kammerspiele.