After a two weeks short break, we are back with a new month and more events:
- Film: Dálava/ Over The Hills (Fimmmuseum München). 6.30 pm. 5 €. OmeU. On the occasion of the Mittle Punkt Europa Filmfest we can see auteur films and documentaries like Over the hills, about a family and its summer trip to a little village in Russia.
- Concert: Mura Masa (Muffathalle). From 8 pm. 30 €. The British artist mix rap, hip hop and electronic and has collaborated with A$AP Rocky, Slow Thai, Clairo, and many others.
- Party: DJ Koze (Blitz Club). From 11 pm to 6 am. 20 €. Take the chance of dance to the songs of this fantastic DJ in one of his very rare club shows. It’s going to be an unforgettable night!
- Party: Psychedelic Porn Funk // fɔːti fʌɪv fɔːti fʌɪv fɔːti fʌɪv (Import Export). From 10 pm to 4.20 am. 10 €. Another edition of this legendary party with the usual DJs and light show, this time with the 45 good times per minute – feat. Malayka Erpen offering a great concert.
- Happening: Snowball fight (Olympia park). If the weather forecast is right maybe we have finally some snow this weekend, so let’s take advantage of this and play around!
- Fair: Munich Creative Business Week (different locations). From 7 to 15 of March. Free entry/ Different prices. The MCBW is the largest design event in Germany and has been held in Munich every year since 2012. During 9 days, Munich will be full of design, art, exhibitions, talks, and more. Have a look at their website and go to any of their events to get inspired!
Market: Schallplatten & CD Börse München (TonHalle). From 11 am to 5 pm. 4 €. Find vinyl records, CDs, DVDs and more in this big fair. A good opportunity to find some musical treasures!
Festival: We Won’t Shut Up! International Women’s Day Festival (Bürgerhaus Glockenbachwerkstat). From 3 pm to 2 am. Free entry (donations welcome). The 8th of March is not a day to celebrate, it is a day to fight. Because a lot has been done for women’s right, but still we have a lot to do. Especially if there are places in the world where ablation still exists or if we have still to hear sexism jokes or suffer paternalist attitudes. The diverse program of this festival includes lectures, discussion rounds, and workshops in which you can exchange ideas with various associations and women’s groups. There will also be music by international artists from rock, pop, electro, and hip-hop. Fight like a girrrrl!
- Opening: Bubble Trouble (Üblacker-Häusl). From 7 to 9 pm. Free entry. The “Munich Pop Art” collective shows their artworks about the concept of balloons, an object that is not only a popular party accessory but is also an indispensable part of the art world: the spectrum ranges from “99 balloons” to Jeff Koon’s “Balloon Dog”.
*Header picture: Munich Creative Business Week.