The holiday season arrives and the city is offering its best: open air concerts, films, theater, circus, flea markets, tours, and even palm trees at Thresenwiese. With all of these elements it’s impossible not to enjoy a summer in the city.
Sommer in der Stadt is an initiative with different events in the city of Munich. A way to enjoy the warming days with culture and cool drinks. These are some of the highlights for August and September:
- Sommerbühne im Olympiastadion: Open air concerts with bands like Salewski, San Antonio Kid, Paul Jets or Chicks on Speed. The entry is free but you need to book your seats. More information at the Sommerbühne im Olympiastadion website.
- Einfach München Sommerführung: You can be a tourist in your own city and discover some amazing facts and corners. Einfach München is offering tours through different Munich neighborhoods for 15 or 16 €. More information on their website.
- Fit im Park: There are no excuses! Let’s practice some sport and relief some stress, feel energized, and be healthy! All are advantages when you put your body on movement. More information about parks, events, etc. in the Munich council website.
- Gasteig Open-Air: Jazz, brass, classical music… A free open-air programm full of concerts every week until the 13th of September from Wednesday to Saturday. More information at the Gasteig website.
- Beaches around Munich: Theresenwiese or Max-Joseph Platz are some of the places where you will find some sand, beach chairs amd palm trees to have a holiday feeling. Just close your eyes and listen to some waves.
These are just some of the activities you will find these months, but you can look around the Sommer in der Stadt website and choose events by date or type. Let’s enjoy this summer to the fullest!