Munich Cultural Guide: Week of the 13 to 17 November
November 13 @ 8:00 am - November 17 @ 5:00 pm
This week we have photography and film festivals, powerful concerts, a special party with DJ Hell and other interesting plans:
- Wednesday 13: Exhibition Typisch München (Münchner Stadtmuseum). 4 €. If you want to know more of the Bavarian capital, this exhibition is a must!
- Thursday 14 to Sunday 24: Griechische Filmwoche (Gasteig). A new edition of this greek film festival is here with some of the best latest movies from this country, like Waiting for the Godmother, Her Job or In this Land Nobody Knew How to Cry, to name a few.
- Friday 15th from 9 pm to 3 am on Saturday: Dj Hell Plays (Münchner Kammerspiele). 5 €. The collective TAM TAM Tanztreff organizes this event inviting DJ Hell to play his favourite music and accompany him with other TAM TAM DJs in a night that will be colourful and full of different sounds, from house & acid to early new German wave and future tropical house. Boundaries are blurry in this party, the only important thing is to let yourself go.
- Friday 15 to Sunday 17: photoMünchen (Praterinsel). 11 – 13 €. This photograph festival offers workshops and portfolio reviews for photography professionals, as well as different exhibitions like Mars City Design or Agent Orange for the delight of visitors.
- Saturday 16 from 6 pm: 10 Years PLATFORM – Komplizen (Platform). The art project Platform was founded in 2009 as Platform3. On the occasion of its 10th anniversary, they celebrate the opening of the exhibition Komplizen and a party with different DJs from 7 pm to 4 am in the morning. Paula Gehrmann, the curator of the exhibition, shows an installation where she approaches the process of artistic creation. You can access to a guided tour with her on Sunday 17 from 11 am to 2 pm.
- Sunday 17 to Saturday 23: Filmschoolfest (Filmmuseum & HFF). 5€ single ticket – 20 € full festival pass. Young film students from around the world will present their works at this international festival where renowned film directors like Lars Von Triers, Caroline Link or Hans Weingartner among others, had present their works in the past. Short amazing films to discover new jewels of emerging cinema.
- Sunday 17 from 7.30 pm to 10.30 pm: Vinyl Record Flea Market – Schallplatten Flohmarkt (Favorit Bar). Free entry. Pass by the Favorit Bar, one of the bars with character in Munich, and look for some vinyl records while you have a beer. The best way to end up the weekend.
*Header picture: Alan Grund, exhibitor at photoMünchen